The results are in! Black Friday was a success for many of our retail clients
According to Adobe Analytics, U.S. retailers earned a record $7.9 billion on Nov. 24, an increase of nearly 18% from a year ago. Adobe further predicted that Cyber Monday would bring an additional $6.6 billion in internet sales, good enough to be the largest online shopping day in history.
Celerant Technology’s clients achieved positive sales results during Black Friday. Of course it helped that 174 Million Americans shopped during the holiday weekend, but that doesn’t mean every retailer was equipped to handle the holiday rush and increase overall sales.
To prepare for Black Friday, many of our clients used traditional discounting strategies. Other clients went further by sending personalized emails and coupons targeted to the individual shopper’s brand preferences, buying behavior and demographics. In addition, our retail clients prepared by purchasing spare EMV devices, gift cards and temp licenses for the POS.
OK, let’s right to the results of some of our clients…
- Apparel & Footwear Retailer: $3.32 Mil in sales from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday
- Home Goods Retailer: $2.35 Mil in sales throughout the holiday weekend
- General Store: $1.68 Mil (most successful Black Friday) after switching from a larger retail solution
- High-End Footwear Chain: 47% increase in sales compared to 2016
- Museum Gift Shop: 38% increase in sales reported by long-term client
- Gift Shop: Increased online sales by $16,000 and 70 transactions compared to 2016
- Apothecary Retailer: Completed 765 online transactions, an increase of 130 transactions from 2016
- Online Retailers: 5 customers reported between $30,000 and $60,000 in E-Commerce sales, consisting of 350 to 700+ transactions
- Online Retailers: 7 retailers increased their Average Order Value (AOV) by $20-$160; a museum gift shop increased their AOV by 200% or $160
We are delighted our clients achieved such results during Thanksgiving, and wish EVERYONE a successful year end. If you have any questions about these results, please contact email@example.com.