QuickBooks® Point of Sale has Reached End-of-Life
Here is what you need to know if your business uses QuickBooks POS
QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 19.0 is being discontinued and has reached end-of-life. As of February 8, 2023, new customers of QuickBooks point of sale can no longer purchase licenses. Existing QuickBooks Point of Sale users do not need to panic just yet. They can continue to operate as usual, add-on point of sale software licenses, and receive technical support through October 3, 2023. But after that date, users will need to find a new solution for managing sales and inventory.
5 Important Things for QuickBooks POS Users to Know:
- New customers will no longer be able to purchase QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 19.0 licenses. This means that if you're thinking about using this software for your business, you'll need to look for an alternative solution.
- For existing QuickBooks customers, new licenses can be purchased until October 3, 2023.
- Until October 3, 2023, your business can operate as usual.
- After October 3, 2023, you will no longer be able to purchase licenses, technical support will no longer be available, and there will be no future versions of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- If you're using Intuit Merchant Services with QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 19.0, this service will also be discontinued after October 2, 2023. This means that you'll need to find a new payment processing solution for your business too.
Can I continue using my QuickBooks Point of Sale after October 3, 2023?
Yes, you can continue to use your QuickBooks point of sale for as long as you like.
However, there are some important things to keep in mind.
In addition to QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale software, several connected services will also be discontinued on October 3, 2023. This includes:
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Gift Card Service
- Mobile Sync
- Store Exchange
- e-commerce integration with Webgility
- Support plans including Live Support (phone, email, chat), and
- Vendor Lookup Service
While you can technically continue to use QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 without these services after October 3, 2023, it's important to be aware of the potential risks. Without support, including critical security patches, your system could become more vulnerable to cyberattacks and data theft over time.
What options are available if I want to move off of my QuickBooks Point of Sale?
There are many other point of sale options available for retailers looking to transition off of their QuickBooks point of sale. Most other POS options also already have QuickBooks integration for your accounting software, whether it be QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online.
At Celerant, we are offering an exclusive discount for QuickBooks Point of Sale users to help transition onto a new software platform. Celerant is even offering a DISCOUNTED Data Conversion Service to help you easily transfer your customer and product data from QuickBooks to Cumulus Retail, making your transition as smooth as possible.
Also, Cumulus Retail supports most QuickBooks Point of Sale hardware, so you likely won't need to replace your computers or point of sale equipment.
What are the benefits of choosing Cumulus Retail?
By choosing Cumulus Retail, you'll benefit from:
- A modern and user-friendly interface
- Enhanced features and functionality
- Reliable technical support
- Top-notch data security
- And the freedom to access your data from anywhere, at any time.
Are there integrated eCommerce options available for QuickBooks customers converting to Cumulus Retail?
Cumulus Retail, by Celerant Technology, offers integrated Cumulus eCommerce and can bundle your in-store and online software into one affordable software package. Celerant also offers multiple digital marketing services, such as SEO Services to help your website rank better on search engines, such as Google. Plus an integrated email marketing platform is available which can pull your sales and customer data from your store and your website, to help you send more personalized emails to your customers.
QuickBooks POS Users transitioning to Cumulus Retail?
Celerant is offering a promotion to help you get started.
If you are a QuickBooks POS user looking for a smooth transition to a new retail system? Cumulus Retail has got you covered! With our exclusive promotion, you can enjoy your First Month of SaaS Point of Sale FREE, giving you the opportunity to experience our flexible POS and eCommerce solutions with less initial investment.
We understand how daunting it can be to migrate all your data to a new retail system. Celerant offers a data migration service to help with the process and can pull your inventory items, customers, vendors, departments, and employees from your QuickBooks point of sale into our platform, so you can hit the ground running without any hassle.