Providing Clients with Many Takeaways to Apply and Improve their Retail Businesses
We recently wrapped up our annual client conference which was held this year in beautiful Hilton Head, South Carolina at The Westin Resort. This was our 14th conference and based on client feedback at the event, “was the best one yet!” This year’s theme was ‘All Things Digital’ as we aimed to help our retail clients become more competitive and successful on the web.
The event kicked off with an interactive networking cocktail party on the outdoor, oceanfront patio at The Westin. Several of our partners were in attendance including SPS Commerce, Avalara, OpenEdge, Star Micronics, Guns.com, Sports South, RSR Group and Zanders Sporting Goods. Over 100 retail clients mingled and enjoyed an evening of networking overlooking South Carolina’s tropical coastal beach!
The next morning, Celerant’s CEO & President, Ian Goldman, welcomed clients and introduced our Keynote Speaker, Marcus Sheridan, “The Sales Lion”. With so many businesses frustrated today with the internet, video and digital marketing, Marcus explained how to bring it all together to produce “fruit” for your business. While he discussed techniques to dramatically change sales processes, generate more qualified leads and build way more revenue, attendees learned, laughed, and most importantly, benefited from a lot of takeaways.
Celerant retail clients were able to create their own schedules based off of over 35 interactive workshops, training and break-out sessions. These sessions introduced new software features and integrations, explored retail best practices and insights, and provided an open forum opportunity for both the Celerant clients and staff to interact and share experiences.
Clients also enjoyed learning from their peers during our client panel focused on ‘How Retailers are Winning at E-Commerce.” Several long-term clients including Cato Fashions, D&D Farm and Ranch, and MAST General Store, participated with Celerant’s Digital Marketing Strategist, Emerson Scherer and Director of Web Services, Zeke Hamdani, discussing which digital marketing strategies work best, and which don’t.
We thank all of our clients, partners and staff who participated in this year’s educational event. Our preparations are already underway for next year and we are planning a big surprise to celebrate and thank our clients for our 20th anniversary in 2019!
Top Survey Responses: What did you like most about this year’s event?
- “Putting faces with the Celerant names I’ve emailed/talked to on the phone. The food and location was excellent! The topics were very relevant, and it was a great time to compare notes with other retailers.”
- “Interacting with other Celerant users – sparked a lot of great ideas/brainstorming!”
- “The chance to meet the Celerant Staff, along with other retailers using the system. I thought the event went very smoothly, the food was good, and the breakfast keynote speaker was excellent.”
- “Talking to other Celerant clients about what is working well… Learning what is new and upcoming in the industry and how to make Celerant Command/Stratus work better for us.”
- “The opportunity to discuss business challenges and processes with the Celerant team and conference attendees.”